Bringing the Parisian Style Home
In search of chic? Oui oui
Dani Blasena, owner and creative director of Haute Fêtes wedding and event planning, perfected the art of finding authentic antiques and second-hand pieces with a very Parisian style for her Rancho Santa Fe home. Here, she shares her favorite local and online retailers that have helped her outfit her home.
• Architectural Salvage (architecturalsalvagesd.com) downtown stocks an ever-changing inventory of fixtures, hardware, lighting and doors that Dani loves to check out regularly.
• It’s the vintage lighting, doors and home decor that lures Dani to Bon Bon Home & Garden (bonbonhomeandgarden.com), with locations in Del Mar and Encinitas, though the shop sells new and one-of-a-kind items too.
• She’s found lighting, furnishings and mirrors to add to her collection at Builders Trading Co. (builders-trading.com) in San Marcos.
• Dani visits Cést La Vie in Encinitas to peruse the eclectic collection of European antiques—from furnishings to accessories.
• The event designer recommends a trip to Cést si Bon (mycestsibon.com) in Cardiff for antique furnishings, accessories and art for the home and garden.
• Consignment Classics (consignmentclassics.net) in Encinitas and Village Consignment (sites.google.com/site/villageconsignmentinc) in Solana Beach are both brilliant shops for finding foundation pieces, she says.
• Dani uses estatesales.net to find upcoming sales and liquidations nearby.
•Many of the pieces in Dani and Kurt’s home came from Rancho Santa Fe’s McNally Company Antiques (mcnallycompanyantiques.com), owned by Connie and Bill McNally, who have become good friends of the Blasenas.
• Architectural elements, furnishings, lighting and decor sell alongside French linen aprons, gourmet cooking salts, garden scissors and more at Chateau Sonoma (chateausonoma.com), based in California’s wine country.
• Shop by style—Parisian, French country farmhouse, mid-century maison or French garden—at Chez Pluie Provence (chezpluie.com) in France.
• Full Bloom Cottage (fullbloomcottage.com), which has a showroom in Brea, Calif., is a go-to for accent furnishings.
• Located in Santa Barbara, Giannetti Home (giannettihome.com) features lots of antique furnishings and objects d’ art.
• Kathy Kuo Home (kathykuohome.com) sells vintage, vintage reproduction and new decor, furniture, lighting, art, rugs and more.
• The candles from Lulu & Georgia (luluandgeorgia.com) smell divine.
• Maison & Co. (maisonandco.com) specializes in one-of-a-kind European art, furniture, lighting and accessories from the 18th and 19th centuries.
• Dani scored a vintage French lamp for the master bedroom, an upholstered headboard for the guest house and more on One Kings Lane (onekingslane.com).
• Some furnishings—like the sofa in the family room—came from Restoration Hardware (restorationhardware.com), which Dani likes for new that looks storied.
• Serena & Lily (serenaandlily.com) stocks the most beautiful French blue linens and textiles.
• A couple in LA started Vivi et Margot (vivietmargot.com) in 2015 to make the French market baskets (which Dani loves), home wares, textiles and antiques they were bringing to family and friends (they have a home in France) accessible to others.