DIY: Celestial Napkin Rings and Crystal Ball Place Cards
A tutorial for the Pretty Little Details Co. celestial place settings and table decor. (Since when is baseball goth?)
DIY what you can’t buy: When Whitney and Amanda of Pretty Little Details Co. can’t find exactly what they’ve envisioned for an event, they make it. Here’s two simple tutorials for the custom DIY place settings and tablescapes the pair created for their spooky soiree.
DIY Moon Napkin Rings
1. Hunt for simple wooden napkin rings. Whitney and Amanda found theirs at Amvets.
2. Buy wooden or other glue-ready material crescent moon shapes. The pair ordered their crescent moons on Etsy
3. Glue the moons on the wooden napkin rings, and spray-paint them copper (or another coordinating metallic).
DIY Crystal Ball Place Cards
1. Play ball: Whitney and Amanda bought black ornaments and baseball holders on Amazon.
TIP: Alternatively, check thrift stores for resale ornaments, or local sporting goods or collectibles stores for baseball holders and display bases.
2. Removing the top piece from the ornament.
3. Spray-paint the baseball holder copper.
4. Glue the items together to make a crystal ball, and write each guest’s name on them using a glass paint marker.
Don’t throw a predictable Halloween party. Get the tricks (and treats) required for hosting a party filled with mystery and intrigue, and set a dark and celestial mood with decor, advice, recipes and more.