Cranberry Gin Gin Fizz Cocktail Recipe
This delightfully crisp pink-hued drink is sure to shimmer!
We gathered the best Valentine’s Day beverages to make this week, and this sparkling cranberry ginger cocktail from our December wreath-making entertaining feature story is one of our favorites. It’s not just a cocktail, it’s a representation of friends gathering together to celebrate each other. Skip the gin for a refreshing and just-as-good alcohol-free version. Find your favorite girl friends and do a gal-entines toast!
Recipe: Cranberry Gin Gin Fizz
Inspired by A Golden Afternoon‘s Bonnie Rush
2 oz. gin (Bonnie’s favorite is Old Grove from Ballast Point Brewing)
1 oz. fresh lemon juice
1 oz. cranberry ginger syrup (recipe below)
Ginger beer (Fever Tree, Maine Root or Bruce Coast)
Rosemary, juniper sprig or clementine slice for garnish
1. Stir together the first three ingredients in a cocktail glass, and add ice.
2. Float the ginger beer and add the garnish.
Cranberry Ginger Syrup
Makes 1 ½ cups
1 c. water
1 c. organic sugar
1 ginger root (a few inches long and wide)
1 c. cranberries
1. Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until the sugar is dissolved. Stir and turn the heat up to medium. Let the liquid come to a boil.
2. Continue cooking on low for 20 minutes.
3. Cool, strain and use, or refrigerate in an airtight container.