Budget-Friendly Ways to Fix Up Your Home
You don’t have to add a massive renovation to your list of expenses in order to be proud of your home. Rethink typical renovations, and pick smaller projects that yield significant impact. Here are a few enhancements that you can make to your home without spending a fortune.
• By installing a serving buffet underneath your cabinets, you can optimize the space without breaking through walls. It offers additional room for food when entertaining guests and, when not needed as a buffet, makes a great space for potted plants or a family photo display.
• Upgrading sinks, faucets and countertops can be expensive. Instead of doing this makeover all at once, do it in stages according to your budget.
• For added color, throw in small details like hanging a lamp or plants above the sink or purchasing new window treatments.
• Have you always wanted a fireplace to keep you warm during those winter months but never had the budget to install a chimney? Think outside the box this year by turning an empty corner or wall into a comforting space by adding a faux fireplace.
• You can also fill your living room with candles and lighting to add a sense of coziness.
• Repainting with bright colors is a quick fix. Adding ambient light fixtures or sconces along the sides of mirrors can further brighten the room.
• Install new hardware for towels.
• Add small, decorative mirrors and inexpensive designer touches to the walls, such as photos and paintings in interesting frames.
• See if an unused spot in your yard could be converted into a patio. Level the ground and install steppingstones or bricks.
• Decorate with inexpensive patio furniture, an umbrella and outdoor candles.
Cannon Christian, President
4830 Viewridge Ave., Suite D
San Diego, CA 92123