Kitchen Trends: A Modern European Influence
Over the years, Europe has set the standard for design inspiration worldwide. Their modern and cutting-edge approach has consumers seeking ways to achieve the same simplified and practical aesthetic. The recent EuroCucina design trade show in Milan, Italy, showcased treatments you might want to consider in a kitchen remodel.
- White kitchens, whether they are painted in ultra-modern, high-gloss white or a more traditional white finish, continue to remain timeless and provide a neutral backdrop that can be enhanced as much or as little as you like.
- Floor materials are moving toward large-format, porcelain tiles, whether they are replicas of wood planks, limestone or concrete.
- Layered countertops and/or floating bar tops and upper cabinets are being installed to create visual interest while maintaining function.
- Metal hoods are becoming a decorative accent and creative highlight instead of just a functional appliance.
- Large drawers are increasingly popular as a way to create a more organized cabinet interior, while also assisting with ergonomics for lifting heavy objects.
- Touch-latch cabinet hardware or hardware that is incorporated directly into the door or drawer is replacing mounted pulls and knobs.
Audra Siao and Stephanie Higgins
Design Theory Studio, LLC