Tips for Choosing Paver Colors and Textures
It can be difficult to know which pavers will look best with your home’s style to create that perfect outdoor space where the stress of the day melts away. Here are tips from choosing the right color to deciding on texture:
- Select hues that work in harmony with your home environment. Pavers a few shades lighter than the color of your house won’t compete for attention.
- Gray-toned pavers with brick houses eliminate the urge to match everything.
- Brick-colored pavers add warmth to wood or stone houses.
- Choose pavers with similar tones for a coordinated effect. Light colors reflect the light and open up an area, whereas darker tones absorb light and make areas appear smaller.
- Incorporating multiple textures to your design can add interest. Natural texture is characterized by uneven contours that create an organic appearance similar to natural cut stone. Classic texture is characterized by a smooth or distressed surface with angles or a softly rounded chamfer.