Tips for Customizing Your Patio
The sky’s the limit when it comes to customizing your patio. Do you like to entertain, or are you more likely to spend a quiet evening at home? Your outdoor space should be uniquely yours. Design your ideal outdoor retreat with these design tips.
Consider how you will use your outdoor space most often and add amenities that cater to your needs. From gourmet outdoor kitchens to pool decks, fire features, water features and more, the possibilities are endless.
- Create a seating area that welcomes guests in and directs them where to go.
- Add additional interest and focus with a fireplace or fire pit. Not only will it be a beautiful conversation starter, but also it will keep you warm on chilly nights.
- An outdoor kitchen creates a natural gathering space for guests, so you can entertain while you cook.
- The importance of having a good flow to your outdoor space is exponentially greater when it comes to small spaces. Avoid crowding it and keep navigation paths clear.
- When you’re choosing furniture for your outdoor space, keep in mind that the size of your furniture should pair well with the size of your space. You don’t want overwhelming furniture that overtakes your entire outdoor room.
- Add a pop of color with your favorite throw pillows and blankets. Candlelight adds another level of intimacy and warmth.
Visit Belgard Hardscapes’ website to receive a complimentary idea book.