Health And Happiness in Your Home Office
Design tip from Susan O’Brien, Allied ASID, LEED GA, CAPS, MSW
Susan O’Brien Interior Designs
Susan O’Brien is an interior designer for residential and small businesses. She has a Master’s degree in social work and is keen on increasing happiness in your life every day.
Working from home is a challenge. Here are some quick tips to help make it productive and organized:
- Let the sunshine in — open a window for fresh air. When you take a relaxing breath, problem solving can be easier.
- Place a bouquet of fresh flowers or add a living plant to your home-office space. These good office mates are great for cleaning the air and are beautiful to look at.
- Have something in sight that you are grateful for. Glancing at a favored item helps you to re-focus when you’re stressed.
- Frame your children’s masterpieces and swap them out often for your own custom art gallery.
- Test drive a new chair if your office chair doesn’t love you enough — your body will appreciate it.
- Do a weekly timed de-clutter. Set an alarm for 30 minutes and put things away and organize as fast as you can. Ready, set, go! The result will make you smile.