Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Thumbprint Cookies
Makes 30 Cookies
1/2 cup salted butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup rolled oats
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chopped pecans (or other nut of choice)
6 oz chocolate chips
1/4 cup caramel
1//4 teaspoon of flake salt
1. Preheat oven to 350-degrees
2. Add butter to a small pan and cook over low heat until browned bits have formed. Stire often and be careful not to burn the butter. Pour into a bowl and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
3. Add browned butter and brown sugar to mixer bowl and beat at low speed until combined. Add eggs and vanilla, mixing until combined. Add flour, cocoa powder, oats and baking soda and beat for 2 minutes at low-to-medium speed until well combined. Add pecans and chocolate chips and mix at a low speed until thoroughly combined.
4. Scoop onto a lined baking sheet about 2-inches apart. Bake for 10 minutes and remove from over. Using a spoon (like a small soup spoon) press a slight indention into the center of each cookie.
5. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon of caramel into each indention. Sprinkle lightly with salt and allow cookies to completely cool on baking sheet.